Supermodel Tyra Banks undergoes IVF
Supermodel-turned-TV star Tyra Banks has undergone in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment after struggling to conceive naturally.
The America's Next Top Model host has revealed she is trying to start a family with her boyfriend of two years, photographer Erik Asla, but she has been unable to fall pregnant.
41-year old Banks admits she put off children until later in life so she could concentrate on her career, but she is now desperate to become a mother.
"When I turned 40, the one thing I was not happy about is that I did not have kids. I'm like, 'Damn, the clock is ticking!' Since I was 24, I used to say every year, 'I will have kids in three years'. I kept saying it over and over again. Because my business is very entrepreneurial. I'm not for hire, so I have to do everything. I kept trying to find that time for that to happen... she tells People.com.
"When you're like, 'OK, I'm just going to do it,' then it's not so easy as you get older... I've had some not happy moments with that, very traumatic moments. It's difficult as you get older. It's not something that can just happen... I hope (for kids), I don't just want one child. I want a litter! And I want to be the kind of mom where my child can come to me for anything."
- The central office of IRTSA Ukraine completely restores work
- How we work during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 1st International Congress on Reproductive Law
- Soon Americans may face a new ethical dilemma
- ‘Friends’ star Jennifer Aniston is pregnant with twins
- Image processing technology can impact the success rates of ivf
- Editing genes of human embryos can became the next big thing in genetics
- Scientists discovered a new, safer way for egg freezing
- French scientists have managed to grow human sperm cells in vitro
- Cameron Diaz is reportedly pregnant with twins